Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Updates

Other recent happenings in the Campbell clan include:

An insiders tour of the new Clem Jones tunnel (the last tour before the big opening). David grabbed a group of friends from church and neighbourhood and took them along. I stayed home with the kids (had to be over 16 for the tour). This was prior to Jayden's birth so was relieved to hear later that mobile phone connection still worked in the tunnel should I happen to go into labour at that convenient time :) As we know Jayden was most polite and decided to wait another week or so...



Just noticed, looking at this photo that our darker skinned friends are rather camouflaged against the black statue:)

And more photos of our Jay with Grampy and Nanny. So nice to have them able to come and have some cuddle time.

Our little quiver full...

Our first photo as a family of six!

So our lives go on...

  • Jayden helps me do the daily school run with Owen - has many admirers now and I can usually find a willing pair of arms to cuddle him while I help Owen settle in.
  • Joshua is in grade five this year and has started Youth Quake (for pre-teens). Hard to believe I have a newborn and pre-teen! (ok, he is only 9, but still...)
  • Owen just achieved a major milestone for me on Saturday and spelled out his name (when I wrote each letter on his Magnadoodle). Wow - Onya Owen!
  • Rosa has become a real chatterbox and brought a smile to my face today when she used the potty and told me that I should come and see and that I should tell her "well done, Rosa, you can have a lolly" Children don't come with instruction manuals when they're born but I think Rosa has one for me ;)

2 comments:

Sparkling Adventures said...

Visiting the Clem Tunnel would certainly be a lot of fun!

And congrats to Owen for spelling his name!

Rosa is so funny. Is she being a little mummy with Jayden or does she just mummy her own dolls?

Sharon said...

Hi Lauren,

She does Mummy Jayden (more than her dolls) - wants to watch me change his nappy, bring his clothes and giggles when he makes funny faces:) Oh, I so need a girl to help me! Josh and Owen adore him, too - Joshua likes to just lie beside him and be close.

Sharon