Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Garlic Basil Butter

Just thought I'd share a little family favourite. When we have guests I often find myself making garlic bread to go with the meal.

I especially like to make garlic basil butter for the bread - always seems to go down well...

I simply soften butter (the real kind) and chop up basil and add crushed garlic. I mix it well and then spread it onto the bread (we like the Aldi turkish bread - often keep some in freezer). Then I simply wrap it up in foil and heat. Whenever we run out Joshua is the first to notice..."Awwhh Mum, I only had 3 pieces, what happened to it all?"

This time I decided the most economical way to do it was to use up the basil before it went wilted and sad in the fridge. I made a stack of this butter, put into small containers and put them in the freezer. This way I don't have to run to the shop to buy basil (my garden's basil is still small and wimpy) when I think of making it again... and better still it is ready to go!
What little family favourites do you have? Any tricks/short cuts for preparing meals ahead for guests?

No comments: