Finding things for little ones to do during the holidays is always a challenge for me... yes, we do lots of things - but seems there are many big gaps to fill for ambitious minds/hands/bodies...
A couple of things that have met with approval lately:
Puzzles, large ones (especially when Daddy comes to help!) Daddy got so involved and was so fixated, it was hard bekoning him away even with breakfast!
I just love seeing my men working on things together like this!
Here is an idea I have tried with Owen and Rosa - a great activity for 5-10 min whilst preparing dinner..
I drew a sheet of pictures using a black texta. I then scanned the page so I can just print more
out as needed.
Each set of pictures had some space for circles - the wheels on a bike, circles for eyes on faces, dots on a turtles' back.... I gave Owen and Rosa some stickers and showed them where to put 
the stickers... away they went.
You can also use the little dot stickers for more fine motor skill challenge... or the little reinforced stickers (donut shaped). When they finished adding dots I let them colour it in.
Sometimes the stickers get used for freckles too ;)
... and of course there are always opportunities to read together, have friends over, rake leaves, go to the pool and hang out with grandma!
Any ideas of other fun activities for young un's during the holidays...
I love ideas... please!
PS - if anyone would like the pictures I think I could attach them to an email... just leave a comment and I'll see what I can do. They are very basic, nothing flash...
4 comments:
Yes, thanks, I'll have a copy 'lil sis :) Looks fun!
Hi Sharon, Please send me a copy too-I have those dot stickers for such an occasion-but your pictures look lovely-something I never quite got around to doing.
That's a great idea, Sharon! Evonne introduced me once to the idea of using dots but I had never thought to make pictures as creative base for their activities - thanks for that idea!
I also thought- for older kids in the family- get them to design the picture!
Post a Comment