Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Repair job

Today Daddy and Mummy fixed "Hama" (the name Rosa gave her little bath dolly from Aunty Angela). Unfortunately her arm was accidentally amputated whilst we were on holidays...

I managed to salvage part of the saved join and using a button and fishing line, repair the broken join... but it took Daddy to fit it back to gether (a very tight squeeze).

Reminded me of this picture from my childhood...
it is from this book (I couldn't even take a photo of the cover of the book, it is in such bad repair). This book was a real favourite when I grew up... now even out of print (I think the Womens Lib. movement might have had a little roll... it was emphasising Men in various occupations, the only woman being a nurse... ). My mother even recently found out the rhyme about Dads from this book and laminated it for our kids. It is cute...
And now the repaired Hama doesn't want to leave Rosa's side...

No comments: