Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Upcycling

Recently I turned this ugly fella (colours do look a little warmer than photo showed)...
Now I hope you are not offended that I cut this jacket up:)


















Into this. Ok the baby is the cute part... Fits him perfectly and keeps his lil' chest warm.














Took me about 1 1/2 hours from start (adusting vest pattern I had) to finish. And that included hand stitching because I wanted the edge to be neat.

I used the lining that was already inside the jacket. Because I added the edging I didn't have to even turn the fabric inside-out. Just stitched shoulders and sides then added trim and one button on front. Ok. I admit I am NOT a perfectionist so I wouldn't want you to see my fast stitching inside but for me it works.

Am happy to send anyone a pattern (this one is size 0 but I could easily adjust other sizes up to size 6. I think....) if you wish.

I think I could actually make two more from the one jacket. Would be fun to try one from an old sweater.../patchwork of different fabrics...

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sharon, this little jacket is so cute, and your little man is even cuter! Clever clever! :)