Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

More Changes

Change. There has been a lot of it in our lives lately. Putting our Joshua in school (the sort you have to drive them to and let them sit with a bunch of other kids behind desks), trivial things like a pair of glasses for me (discovered I might just need some when squinting to see smaller print), Daddy starting work in the city (for the first time in our married life he now works outside the home!) watching my baby go from crawling to walking, discovering that my first born is not too far from adolescence and ... the list goes on.

Hmmm... some change I welcome, other things I am still adjusting to. I'll probably just begin to adjust by the time the next big change arrives. Sometimes change leaves me with that knotted- stomach-type-feeling. At other times I embrace it, like something new and treasured. And so I find myself at the present with all sorts of up and down feelings. What I love most is the certainty of Christ. Even though I age (squinting at small things, starting to look a more 'motherly' and less young and lithe... well maybe I just never was lithe, but you get my point...) and though I cannot stop (and really, would I always want to?) the changes around me.... I relish the fact - NO - I am satisfied, completely satisfied in the fact that Christ , MY Christ is still so very much the same as when I first came to know Him.... or rather as even Eve, the 'mother of all living' found him! The Lord don't change at all! Amen and Amen!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow, what a lot of changes! Good to hear that Dave got the job.
When we're content in our present circumstances, we know the peace of God. It's lovely to lean on Christ for strength -- He's our righteousness and our faith!