Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Framed!



Hanging pictures on the wall seems to be one of those jobs I leave till last... I am ashamed to say we still had Owen and Josh's very young photos on the wall - the other two... well hadn't made it yet... until....

I finally got some prints done and decided to use the odds and ends of frames I already had ... I was a bit nervous...

David had the great idea of laying the pictures out how I wanted them on a large sheet of card (or 9 joined up). Then all we had to do was measure down how far the hangers were on each picture, stick up our card and drill away (hoping, desperately hoping that all the holes were exactly right). Not really keen on the abstract, drill-holed look.
























Well here's the finished product (one picture has the reflection of the light on it). Hard to see the touch of blue I added and the actual photos but maybe you get the idea?
























I stuck two laminated printed out butterflies (moths?) there too, for good measure...

I like that I can easily print out smaller prints to update it. Can also add frames in this arrangement. I think it needs something tall-ish in the corner (bunch of fresh , full-bodied flowers), but sure beats looking at only half of my kids on the wall.

PS - as for those earlier photos I blogged about and had you vote on.... turns out some little fingers had fiddled with camera settings and they were an unusual size (narrower) so wouldn't work with frames very well...

I love walking by that wall and thanking the Lord for my beautiful family!

3 comments:

evonne said...

Bewdiful, sista!

Catherine said...

Looks great, Sharon!

Unknown said...

Just thought I'd drop by to cheekily tell you that I miss your blogging! It's been a while, my friend. You know how grounding it is for me to take a glimpse into a real-life 'normal' family?! So, when you get a chance to write a new post, know I'll be the first to read it :)
love to you all,
Anya