Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day craft

I like to make something little for Mothers on Mother's Day ... just something to let all those Mammas out there (at church) know they are loved and appreciated. Some years the ideas seem to flow other times I think of an idea but it changes 3 or 4 times before I find the right prototype to suit. Well here is this year's craft...

I started with... cork circles... I picked these up at Reverse Garbage (one of my favourite hang outs:) for $12/kg (I cannot remember how much it worked out each but pittance really because cork is quite light weight)
Some other things I used:
Mod podge - a type of decoupage glue - love this stuff
white paint
Tissue paper flowers (I think I could now do them in my sleep after making 30)
Double sided tape
metal screw in eyelets
keyring and small rings to attach to eyelets
Punched out flower pictures
Ribbon to match
Double sided tape
Shiny rhinestone stickers
Cello bags
Firstly I painted the cork circles white. It took quite a few coats to get a finished look as the cork seemed to absorb much of the paint.
I screwed small eyelets into the top (easily done with cork). I then attached my little pre-punched shapes, rhinestone centre, keyring and tied ribbon to the top. I gave the whole thing a lick of Mod Podge. I also turned them over and did another flower on the other side. Ta- dah...
I then roped my Joshua into helping me bag them up with a couple yummy Aldi chocolates in each (the incentive for Joshua was having a choc. sample when finished:) and tied them up with a tissue paper flower on the front:
Then arranged them all in a basket ready for all the beautiful Mums young and old at our church
I had myself a lovely mother's day - a lovely posie of Aussie flowers from hubby and spent the day enjoying my handsome young nephew's dedication service and scrumptious lunch to follow... enjoying lots of cuddles with my young uns'

2 comments:

Sparkling Adventures said...

Sharon,
You always make such beautiful crafts.

Your lovely little presents are such a blessings to those around you. You have a special heart that is always reaching out to those around you, and you offer your time and energy beyond what those ladies in church could have appreciated when they opened their pretty little bags.

I was just reading 2 Thess. 3:13 today and wanted to remind you of it: Never tire of doing good.

Love,
Lauren.

Sharon said...

Thanks Lauren,
What an encouragement you are!

Sharon