Sometimes it is a treat to savour some precious family time - just goofing around or doing things 'just cause'. I decided to make Devonshire tea with Rosa and Owen while Josh was working on putting together a project earlier this week. To be honest, I am not usually very adventurous with my younger two, knowing the huge mess cooking creates and how long it will take me to clean it all away... ah, said I to self.. "who cares about mess today - let's just have fun!" So we made a batch of scones, beat up some cream and then set the table. Josh, who had returned by then agreed to show Rosa where some suitable flowers were for the table and Rosa cut them. The scones were warm and fresh, the tea bags mutilated in their tea cups (no, Owen, I don't know why tea companies insist on putting those little tags on the tea bags) the hot water and milk served... but the company was the sweetest of all!





... and the leftover mess didn't seem nearly so big as the fun we had!

Tonight Daddy decided it was dance time and had us all dancing around and being goofy! Yes, even me, with my swaying belly - we had circle dances with hands into the middle and bellies bumping! I am always fascinated by the differences in dance styles - Owen had some very funny moves (Uncle Ken taught him, incidentally/and completely unintentionally ... but that's another story....! ), Josh dances from the hip, Rosa just crashes into things and Daddy makes great facial expressions. And, no, this is just family goofin' stuff, we certainly are closet dancers and do not do shows, videos, or even items on concert nights of that nature...
Ah, don't you just love that you can be a complete goof ball to your family and they'll still talk to you in the morning!
2 comments:
I love goofy moments. Too easy to forget to stop and smell the roses. My girls do love it when we have a "proper" afternoon tea! Glad to know your belly didn't stop you dancing! See you soon.
I positively love this post! Thanks for encouraging your friends with joy.
Post a Comment