Today Owen's class does a mini presentation (I believe they are singing a song about rainbow colours as Owen has been singing about different colours around the house;)
We have been again, pleasantly surprised by the caliber of teachers at his school - their extreme patience (which, trust me, they need mountains of!!) and their commitment to helping kids learn. We do not expect them to share our value system, but are extremely thankful that to date nothing has been deliberately opposing our views, either. We are so thankful. Also so thankful that our Owen has a close friend who he just loves to be with. Whenever he is away (and according to his report that has been a massive - 23 day this year (slow recovery time with colds, etc. as well as the regular medical appointments) he gets such a welcome back from his friend - who squeals with delight when he sees Owen and tells him over and over how much he was missed. Just beautiful to see.
...Anyway, here are the Christmas treats we threw together... So glad I thought to make these a week or so ago when the weather was cooler (froze them). All we had to do yesterday was decorate them. We used mini M&Ms ...
I also found some long, red-striped notebooks which came with matching pens. I decided to add a little embellishment:
With a little note from Owen on the back:
Then packaged them:
Or rather a bunch of them:
Ready for the day...
Though I must confess that a couple of the men disappeared somewhere along the production line:
... but who could blame such a cute culprit?
Rosa had such fun handing me bags for the men, M&M's for the eyes, etc. and has been talking about the whole procedure to Grandma who came to look after the kids last night! Might have a another keen crafter in the family!
No comments:
Post a Comment