Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blessed be the name...

As fun as it is to see changes and things fixed up around the place, there is nothing like the feeling of having it all behind you!

We've had a chaotic few weeks but I have also had some real treats thrown in like a total surprise visit from my sister - and I mean I was totally surprised (my very wise husband decided it would be better that way) - poor lil' sis' came into the house to find me scrubbing paint off my feet and wearing my grubby paint clothes, with a trail of boxes stacked all around while we worked on the school room. It was such a treat to see her and have a chance to go out to coffee with my other sister too! Ah, we talked so long at the cafe that Ithink the waitress was giving us the hint to get us moving. What a little delicacy that was in my otherwise chaotic week!

We also enjoyed a couple of days with David's Aunt and Uncle from Vic. who stayed with us. Was fun to share our morning walk with them and have Great Uncle Peter (who is the absolute expert in nature studies!) give us a running commentary on what he saw as we walked. I was just amazed at his knowledge - and especially the way that he understands His Creator's awesome works in so much more detail!

I am utterly exhausted having just had a busy day with the kids at a friend's wedding while David ran around taking photos. The younger two seemed to have the wriggles, felt they hadn't been fed for months and couldn't wait a second longer and one of my lil' treasures decided to stand on the toes of the other just for fun (literally!) After the wedding I decided (somewhat foolishly) to make another excursion to pick up some storage boxes for our wardrobe so spent the time competing with my 6 yr old (who should know better) who thought it was fun to knock our stack of boxes over or constantly pull out the tape measure then 'snap' watch it disappear... in my frazzled state however I was amazed at the kindness of a gentleman who saw me struggling to carry all the boxes and watching my naughty children and offered to carry a pile of boxes to the van for me.

Isn't it like the Lord to season our way with little snippets of kindness, little reminders of his care, little pieces of His character evident in the lives of others? As I sit here I wonder how grateful my heart is - how well I see these little snippets. Sometimes I think I am so caught up in the frazzled feelings to really appreciate the Lord's hand...

Oh for eyes to see the hand of the Lord! Oh for a grateful heart when I am exhausted, when I am at the end of my patience and when I feel I could just curl up on the couch!

The Lord is kind and compassionate - Blessed be the name of the Lord!!

2 comments:

AMM said...

Lovely to hear how He is sustaining you and giving you moments of pure fun in the midst of it all :)

Sparkling Adventures said...

Yes, and that God is gracious enough to give us moments of peace in all the chaos. Thanks for sharing, Sharon!