Joshua, grabbing a briefcase he borrowed from Daddy (which reads "Do not open briefcase - PRIVATE...thankyou!") had stowed away a few secrets for the occasion! He womps it down on the coffee table, enters his secret number code and announces that there are some goodies for Mum. He hands me a pretty picture he painted, a block of indulgent Lint chocolate (mint) and a bag of goodies Owen purchased all by himself (well kind of) at the Mother's Day stall at school. I would have loved to have seen Owen choosing something - he is usually quite adamant about what he likes!
I managed to finish the mother's day gifts for Mums for church last night (without ushering in the new day to finish them:) David and Josh headed off to church early to set up (Dave led worship/song time this morning). I took the leisurely (ahhkhemmm...) option of coming later with the two partners in crime.... nothing too eventful ... as I managed to race to the scene just in the nick of time - first suncream oozed out onto little hands - just about to provide a nice white coating to the Sunday attire... I jumped in to insist "hands up!" to which the criminals actually responded immediately. I had no hand cuffs so I simply washed them off and sent them off on condition of "good behaviour!" Just prior to that they had found the remains of Joshua's shoe polishing job and the leader in crime was just pointing out to his partner that they could disguise their action by making themselves look like "black" vagabonds by simply rubbing the shoe polish brush in the demonstrated manner.... again Mummy saved the day (or rather the need for a last min. bath).... and we arrived in church just in time (or maybe a min. or two late:(.
And now as I sit here and type away - my eldest is at the hospital with Daddy - nothing serious, just an adult tooth he has been working at wiggling away and is about to come out ... thought we ought to get some advice so it doesn't rot and go black....
It all seems so comical - the centre of motherhood! Little bodies with mischief oozing out, little feet swinging back and forth on the church pew, blue, creamy icing from morning tea positioned perfectly under the nose to make a gorgeous blue moustache, running out of the church with a squealing child who was upset that her brother had pinched her little tag with a picture of Pooh Bear on it (she managed to salvage it after it was cut from clothing item and holds it near and dear), eldest sharing his dental history with others at church and asking over and over what they might do to him at the hospital - in great fear of needles or stitches or something nasty!
Life really must have been so simple and boring before these humourous chocolate smeared faces and cute little tootsies entered my world.
Oh how I love these precious little monsters!
I might just make the most of a quiet moment and munch some of that yummy chocolate!
No comments:
Post a Comment