Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2009

Sago

Here is a simple, dairy free, and fun, filling, gooey dessert.

I simply used the recipe from the back of the packet (minus sugar - thought golden syrup was enough - I also roughly multiplied quantities):



Lemon Sago pudding


  • 1 packet of sago

  • juice of 2/3 lemons

  • lemon rind, grated
  • golden syrup to taste

  • 7-8 cups of water
Place sago and water into saucepan. Cook over medium heat and boil until translucent, stirring occasionally. Somtimes when looks almost transparent I turn off heat and just cover saucepan with lid

Remove from stove and add lemon juice, rind & golden syrup

Pour into glass dish

Refrigerate

Ta Dah!


and best of all it seems to go down well (in our house) fills the tum and I think the packet of sago was a bit under $2.00! Recipe made a wopping bowl and still had enough to fill a smaller bowl too...

** would make a fun party food for a science theme - could be coloured blue or green and served in something that looks a little like a test tube ;) Think it would be a hit with those that like wacky!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I used to make sago cakes for Alex last year. (I used the milk recipe without sugar). I put them in muffin cases to set so that there was a single serve only. I'll have to get back into making healthier snacks for him because he has developed a liking for sweets!