Here are some more recent bits and pieces:
We also made some yummy frozen banana ice cream (only ingredient being bananas and a tiny bit of lemon juice) Just froze some sliced up bananas (to which we added a tiny bit of lemon juice) then put them through our juicer. We popped it back in the freezer and - wa-lah! banana ice-cream. The kids loved it. Would post a picture except that the ice-cream vanished before I remembered to take a photo. Guess we'll just have to make some more ;)
1. David and I would highly recommend this African restaurant for any who are in the vicinity...
I must admit the thought of going to an African restaurant somehow made me feel the evening would be noisy, the food a little unusual to my taste buds... I was pleasantly surprised at how the food tasted (very yummy - the cooking actually had an Italian influence as Eritrea's history tells of an Italian invasion...) and of the atmosphere of the place. Admittedly we were sitting outside the restaurant which probably made it a little quieter (though it was no noisier than any other restaurant) and there were a number of groups coming after us...
Interesting how the restaurant began, too but I'll let you read all that if you wish at the link above
2. This is what I did to decorate the gifts I made below.... kind of got carried away with the alphabet stamps, didn't I?
3. And just a little snapshot from our weekend. For some reason, Owen just loves finding beanies around the house and popping them on. It doesn't seem to matter that we had a very hot, muggy weekend... just likes his beanie!
Poor Brutus died and was buried. For any who don't recall - we kind of ended up with a pet blue tongue after it was attacked a little by the dog we are looking after. Josh made it his dear pet, but alas the wound must have become infected or it was all just too much for poor Brutus...
I smiled this morning when I went to water the garden to see this little tombstone(sorry it is a bit fuzzy)... my guess is the little mark you see on Brutus in the picture is the wound that ultimately lead to his death. Poor fellow!
We also made some yummy frozen banana ice cream (only ingredient being bananas and a tiny bit of lemon juice) Just froze some sliced up bananas (to which we added a tiny bit of lemon juice) then put them through our juicer. We popped it back in the freezer and - wa-lah! banana ice-cream. The kids loved it. Would post a picture except that the ice-cream vanished before I remembered to take a photo. Guess we'll just have to make some more ;)
Thankyou Lord for precious ones around me!
2 comments:
Yum - that restaurant sounds great - interesting for a world history lesson, too.
I feel sorry for Josh about Brutus - it is sad for kids when they lose pets - they do get so attached. It's a good thing, really, but sad when the pets die.
I do like those gift bags - is that a stampin' up set of stamps for the lettering? Did you use washable ink for the little fabric bags you posted about previously?
Hi Cath,
Yes, josh's pet hermit crabs died a couple of years ago and it was tears and more tears... made me sad to see him so upset... this time was a little easier...
Yes, that is stampin' up alphabet set - i use mine a lot. I used 'stayzon' ink (because it really seems to stay on! - have tested a little on fabric and seems ok with washing - guess the real test would be on object that regularly needs washing...) I just cut rectangle of white fabric, stamped on name, ironed back with double sided interfacing (visafix??) and then sewed bias binding on either side to cover raw edge, sewed on buttons to embellish and then added zip, sewed up sides then tucked in corners to make stand up a little...
Post a Comment