Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

A visitor for Bear

We had a lot of fun with this book this evening.
Bear doesn't like visitors. He even has a sign to warn them off. So when a small, grey, bright-eyed mouse appears on his doorstep while he's making breakfast, he is furious. ...

Little mouse is quite a persistent little fellow who keeps reappearing in various places. Eventually the bear reluctantly agrees to entertain his guest before he shoos him out the door...
The bear sits down before the fireplace with the mouse and shares some tea and cheese and
even offers some entertainment... The bear decides that he really does want the company of the little bright eyed mouse after all...

I thought I would have a go at some 'Art Dramatisation' - an idea I picked up from my friend, Cath.
here is Rosa letting out a 'throw back your head with a good belly laugh'.

And Owen doing a handstand like bear.

I also got some great video of their sharing tea together so I hope to attach that when we can sort out some computer issues...


Ah - it was great fun Cath - will try it again!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Looks like a great book, Sharon! And - I KNOW - art dramatisation is SO much fun and the kids really get into it. Rosa and Owen did a great job!