Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

Bird Feed Experiment

Today when Rosa and Owen went down for a sleep Joshua and I dug out some wood pieces, a saw, chisel, some screws, hooks, some fence paint and brushes and set to work making a stand for our bird feeders. Ta-da!

Over the next few days it will be out with the binoculars, and sitting by the front window to observe our local birds (we positioned it so we could observe from front window) and conduct an experiment. We are on the lookout to see which bird feed is most popular with birds in our yard

This type of large sunflower seed-
Or this smaller mix of seeds-


So stay posted in a week or so (whether permitting) and we'll keep you informed!

When we finished our stand the younger two woke up and the three had a jolly romp around...


Nice to be outdoors again after a chilly morning!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

How wonderful! I can't wait to see the birds.
And how green the grass looks - I hardly recognise your yard. Amazing what a little rain will do.

Sharon said...

yes, I thank the Lord for the rain! Isn't it a blessing?

I also put pavers in and changed garden a little in front so maybe that is why it is looking a little different...

Sharon