Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2008

Life stuff

I had a call from Owen's Prep teacher today asking to pick him up because he had some red spots/rash type thing. A visit to the doctor - turns out he had a reaction to something (likely an insect bite). So poor, red Owen has had his medicine and is now fast asleep... I do hope the doctor is right and that it is nothing else (ah but then we mothers can worry about everything can't we??)

Grandma kindly came over after dinner and looked after Rosa and Owie so the rest of us could be with Grandpa. I felt more prepared before going - having had a day at home... I came home from visiting Dad at the hospital feeling that I wasn't prepared at all. Emotionally it is still so hard to see someone you love dying... having difficulty swallowing, unable to tell you they are still chewing food, unable to really respond other than the occasional raising of eyebrows... Having said all that and felt all the pain all over again I am glad we went. Glad I could make sure Dad was tucked in and warm (of course the staff are warm and caring but I think it helps me to do something..), that he had company, that he knows that he is loved. His face seemed to light up when David gave his shoulders a bit of a rub. I found his eyes returned to David quite a bit - studying him and... I imagine he was wishing he could communicate his thoughts...



Almost pains me to put this photo here - to see the deterioration of Dad's condition. Perhaps if nothing else it should remind me of life - the shortness of it and just how important it is to spend our days in His service. Dad we thank the Lord that you are His. We rest in this.

No comments: