Search This Blog

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Battle Scars

Well it looks like Owen is in the wars again. This is how he came home from Prep. today.


Well - no, he didn't get tackled by another boy.... No, he didn't get bitten by a dog on the way home. Maybe I should let you submit your guess as to what on earth happened to him in those few hours of prep today.

Give in? Well as it turn out he fell out of a wagon. There is a lovely little wagon (newly aquired for the Special needs kids). Owen loves it - only he decided to jump out just as the wagon was about to take off. He was wearing his glasses at the time and they did a bit of damage above the eyebrow...

The funniest (and yes, it was quite funny - trust me!) part about it was that Owen was enjoying all the fuss that was being made over him. Suddenly he had a bad cough to go with it all.... he hobbled around like an old man and showed whoever passed by the sore under his nose. I had to keep from chuckling amidst it all. And what becomes of it all - well maybe I should just enroll him in drama classes!

Well if that was the funny side of my day - this was not! I have been trying so hard to teach Owen that he must not empty his drawers when he wakes up from a nap and that he must not pull all the tissues out of the tissue box when he finds it and empty them on the floor! Even after consistent discipline (yes, this has almost become a daily ritual).... I just about cried to my poor David - what am I to do with this boy??

Please... next time you see me... do not ask about the grey streaks through my hair. No, I didn't dye them - they are natural!

Mother said there'd be days like this!


Here is a verse I need to focus on:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-25

No comments: