Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

More projects



Recent projects:

Finally got the owl pictures I made on the wall!! I made these donkeys years ago and they have been sitting in the cupboard. With the kids all at Grandma's house this morning, a perfect opportunity arose! YAY! Just something about getting those little jobs done!

















I made these little owls from small pieces of scrapbooking paper. The background is simply the old trick (I learned at school) of shaving pencils and rubbing the coloured shavings around to get that fuzzy effect. My only real disappointment was that the double sided tape I used under parts of the owl kind of showed through over time. Never mind - hoping no one will look too closely;)

Unless of course I put it on my blog;)































Then there was something about this quilt edge that just didn't sit right with me. I know, I'm funny like that;) Just didn't like that shiny edge. I just don't get the whole shiny thing... Maybe it reminded me of a baby blanket? Probably more likely some ugly quilt cover I had on me when I was a kid t
hat just gave me the shivers;) At any rate it had to go...

Before:















and After:















I just gathered scraps of fabric from various projects I've made, sewed them all together (with no particular pattern) and made them into a border for the quilt (just went right over the top)
Not sure it would pass quilting class but it did away with the shiny granny edge!

Only problem is I now have to scrape up enough scraps (and time) to do the matching type edge for Owen ...

And ironically... just as an after thought... only about 30 min. after taking this photo it was vomited all over by poor Rosa... seems she and Josh have come down with something...

So I guess my next project is to wash the said quilt:)





No comments: