Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What I do

Pictures of Tuesday 31st of May. WARNING. Not glamorous.

What I do:


Wash.














Delegate.















Remind.















Drive














Fix cars. (well pick up the parts, anyway)














Usher in visitors. Glamorous part of my day (visitors that is - NOT my house:)















clean bath scum.















teach.















comfort (at least try to)














Provide nourishment.















Read about heffalumps.














Manage landscape assistants.














Provide opportunities for a budding pastry chef.















cook.















Reassure, assist, (whatever it takes)...















Wash.














Read myself.














Put on P'Js. Chat to hubby about all of the above. Sleep. soundly.















With slight variation I think when I wake up tomorrow it will probably be the same:) all over again. Sigh....

It's what I do. Though tiring, patience-testing, energy-sapping...emotion draining, at times plain brain -depleting and downright toxic!....

I am truly blessed.

4 comments:

1 of 8 / 1 de 8 niños said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
1 of 8 / 1 de 8 niños said...

Ah, yes it is tiring, but well worth the effort! Let me encourage you that I believe for a mother it's the most purposeful thing for her to 'be a mother' all day long. I see the difference it makes to children when they have this and I see the difference in children who don't have this. May God truly bless you in your wonderful(but tiring) role!

Sparkling Adventures said...

I really love this post... it captures so many more things than the mundane and speaks of love and self-sacrifice beyond human effort.

Catherine said...

I now feel truly exhausted.