A while ago I had a peek at this lovely blog. Feeling inspired and discovering this on the shelf in Woolies:

I decided to experiment...
First I outlined my sugar cookies with dark grey (I was a bit afraid of using more colouring to make it black...
Then filled it in

Then of course there are dalmations. Can someone tell me why they are associated with fire trucks? I guess they were used in the rescue? Not sure but thought they were a cute addition...
Thought it might be fun to take along to playgroup when the fire and rescue truck comes...

Ok for a first attempt but I obviously need to get the consistency of outline a bit smoother, use a finer icing tip (just used what I had). Oh and then there's the air bubbles. Never mind. I think they should recognise them?
Must confess it was a nice diversion from housework:)


3 comments:
They look amazing Sharon. You have such patience!
So... did they go down well at playgroup?
Hi Cath. I actually just used them today. I am told once decorated they last quite a while (even up to 3 months - though i think the sooner eaten the better;)
They all disappeared so I guess they were enjoyed. Turns out one of the fire fighters shared he had had a go at cake decorating/icing things himself! (certainly shocked my very boxed ignorant view of fire fighters;) Had a fab. time - Rosa didn't want to leave fire truck and was bouncing afterwards:) in true Rosa style (giggles attached)
Well Sharon-you knocked my socks off! They are gorgeous! My first try wasn't so inticate-but I still love the result. Come to visit again, and we can make cookies...
Post a Comment