Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

numbered hooks

...and finally the After photo of my frames (well one of them, anyway)...


Here are the before photos to refresh you...


I painted the framed pieces, printed out numbers in a font I liked and transferred them onto the board (I simply used a lead pencil and covered the back of the outline and then traced over the front of the number with a pencil - leaving a mark underneath), measured and drilled holes and added little door handles (raw pine). It cannot hold heavy things because the wall where I wanted it doesn't have studs in the right place. I am planning just to use it for aprons, hats and other do-dads for each family member. I simply attached mine to the wall (laminate wall near our kitchen) with a strong, double-sided tape.
Presenting - the after shots...







As for the other two matching frames - have thought about opening an Etsy shop and making a few to sell as well as other bits and pieces I make from time to time... might be a bit too ambitious for me at the moment....

No comments: