Two birdy pillows using contact paper screen printing technique I demonstrated earlier. I was given quite a stash of this brown, woveny-type fabric from my rellies-in-law...
I guess birds were the theme... a recycled bits and bobs shirt for Rosa to grow into -
I made this shirt from an old pillow case (the leftovers from the 'Furnish with a Conscience Comp. storage box) , bits of scrap fabric and the screen printing technique. I embellished the birdy's eyes with odd buttons I had laying around.
I bought these two cane lounge chairs and little round table on ebay and made fitted pillows to make them more comfy (I think I busted a couple of needles in the process trying to convince my machine it could sew through such thick layers of piping and fabric:( . I also painted the table and distressed it a little to create this little nook in my dining room (nice to have a spot where someone can sit and chat to me while I cook...)
I think this is now my favourite lil' corner of the house
And some projects to finish...
This chair picked up at the Tip Shop- destined to be Josh's desk chair when he moves to downstairs room:
This little coffee table (also from Tip Shop). I am thinking of selling this one on ebay when I'm done:
and these gawdy frames which are perfect for a project I have in mind as they are already framed (YAY)...
SO... stay tuned to see the after photos. You see, blogging about them helps give me a little nudge to make sure I actually do get to them.
3 comments:
Sharon, you're so creative and talented. I look forward to seeing the finished products!
Amazing! Where did you get the designs for the birds on the cushions?
I LOVE those cane chairs - so clever to have made those cushions yourself!
I love the screen printed birdies, great job!
Post a Comment