Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2009

Mirror mirror....

Before and After photos for those who are interested.

Perhaps you like the gold edged mirror better before? I picked it up at Salvos but decided to change it to match in the bathroom for our guest room.


So here it is in the regal gold colour...

I covered the front with paper, sliding the paper under the edges of the mirrors and using a little electric tape where there were gaps (ideally you could take the mirror out altogether - but i was a little afraid to do that with this one because of the complexity inside the frame...)
Then I whipped out a can of the 'can fix just about anything' bottle of white spray paint... and wa-la....
Unfortunately i can't seem to pick up on the detail once it is white.... might be time for some lessons on my camera:)

A few more Before and After photos to come - I am even having a go at entering a competition for Salvos... who is running a competition 'Furnish with a Conscience' with prizes for who can best renovate an old piece of furniture/junk. I know I should probably ignore it and get my pile of ironing done but I just love this sort of challenge.... :(

I enjoy the challenge/outlet for creativity as well as the idea of making a useful piece of furniture for the home.

1 comment:

Sparkling Adventures said...

Looks lovely, Sharon. Op shop finds are terrific. My sister and I once made a gourmet girls bedroom with rejuvenated furniture.

And you still do ironing?