Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bad blogger

The bad, bad blogger is back! I seem to avoid the computer at the moment with renovations and jobs around the house to put extra effort into. Either that, or I just colapse in bed at 8pm as soon as the kids are in bed. Big, round and tired at the moment but very thankful for my little tribe.
Well here are a few snippets:
It is mulberry season again at the Campbells.
Daddy made mulberry icecream. I think we have decided the only safe way for children to eat mulberry icecream is outside in an old tub of water with an rag to scrub them over afterwards:) Or maybe a fire hose:)
Considering it is just straight, frozen mulberries put through our ice-cream fitting on our juicer, I guess the stain factor is at its peak!
Invited friends from church to join us for lunch before convoying together for a wedding in the city. Here's the happy couple

Enjoyed a day at the beach with our new pastor, his wife and their grandkids who they were minding for a few days in school holidays. Joshua made great friends with their grandson so the two of them enjoyed playing and digging in mud!

Were invited to celebrate a friend's joy at her husband finally arriving in Australia after waiting 2 1/2 years. Her hubby was finally able to come face to face with his little boy whom he had never seen before.
Any guess which child is not theirs?

Here is the cutie, himself on his 2nd birthday!
We also recently received news that a friend of ours passed away in much the same way David's father did, from skin cancer. He was a Godly man and so we rejoice though we feel the loneliness and sorrow his wife faces as she continues the journey alone.... but yet, not alone!
It seems there are many more things we did during the holidays - Joshua had spent time with his friends, time catching up as well as days were we did very little, but just pottered, visited the library or ran wild outside.
I do feel my posts have been somewhat boring for outsiders, just factual and lots of unfamiliar faces... have always felt a little vulnerable getting into deeper subjects on my blog, though I know that those type of posts are the ones I enjoy the most when reading friend's blogs. A spiritual challenge, a call to think more seriously about life/parenting, etc. and personal struggles that have helped me to grow...

No comments: