Search This Blog

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Father's Day

I like to make something special for the Mums on Mother's Day and so it was time for something for the Dads this time.

I had some gold, unused coffee bags sitting in my cupboard. So I decided to fill them with some goodies...

I made some Rocky Road (which was very hard to keep the family from nibbling as I made just enough)



Then I pinched an idea from little sister's gift to me (a little sticky-note cover) a while ago..

and made a masculine version:

Here's the inside...(white sticky-notes are nicer but I couldn't find them so I stuck with the option of avoiding running around town...)


Then I packed the sticky-note pads, pen and decadent smelling (no I didn't covet - but was very tempting!) Rocky road into the bag, decorated the outside a little (convieniently covering the coffee bag fresh seal with a Father's Day tag...

... multiply all that by 12 (some real benefits to being in a small church;)

and had just the right amount (phew! - thought I was making extra...)

for the Dads at church


And this is how poor Daddy looked when awoken for Father's Day surprises this morning!

Then it was off to church - Daddy was preaching from 1 John 2:28 through 3:10- challenging us to know if we are in Christ - and if we are in Christ to be reminded that His seed is in us - and it grows and we will ultimately be perfected in Him in glory...

Later when we had gormet pizzas with Daddy - Daddy's choice was this unusual one with cashews, mango chutney and snow pea sprouts!

Now Daddy and Josh are pumping up bike tyres and are off for a cycle down nearby streets... Josh is oozing enthusiasm - just loves these Sunday arvo. rides...

Thanks David, for being a wonderful Daddy - for explaining all those electrial device gimicks to Josh, for sharing your heart with the children during evening devotions, for encouraging hospitality in the home, for showing your diligence for God's Word and never taking the lazy way out in sermon prep!, for letting the kids bounce hard on your belly (and actually enjoying it) for letting our little ones get underfoot and remaining in a fun, playful spirit! They always find outings and times alone with Daddy so much fun! Most of all, thanks for loving each one in a way that makes them feel treasured and helps them to get a taste of the love the Father has for them!


XOX - We love Daddy!

No comments: