- Our Korean exchange student arrived last Mon. and is staying for a month. He is 9, on the other side of the world from the place he calls home but has very quickly become what I now understand to me the typical 9 year old who loves to wrestle, make noise, compete in everything , loose things, laugh and laugh and laugh some more and knows how to have fun. Joshua and Jae are having a blast and I love to see them playing Jae's traditional Korean board game, chasing each other around the back yard (not inside:) and enjoying each other's company. I pray for Josh to adjust to 'life without Jae' once again when Jae heads home - it is NOT going to be easy!
- I am mostly fully recovered from a horrible, nasty, extremely painful "wry neck" which managed to keep me hopelessly looking on as my beautiful mother-in-law did all my housework, cooking, etc. for a couple of days until I could actually turn my head a fraction with no pain. I have learned that I have a lot to learn about suffering silently - I admit I am a wuss and tears come at momentary, short-lived episodes of pain.
- The household is extremely active and busy with four children in it at the moment - two who love to race through and roar like lions;) while I must constantly try and lull them outdoors and find something occupying enough while also racing to the tub and wash off soiled accidents from the younger two. Ah, but you already know the norm!
- I have thoroughly enjoyed reading 'Lies Women Believe and the Truth that sets them Free' which has challenged me (very appropriate timing I might add) to recognise lies that are easy to get caught up into (ie. "I can't handle x" or "I can't help the way I feel" etc. or "if my circumstances were different...") and to replace them with Scripture. Just love it! Just love it - now to apply it ...;( Must say I agree with 99% of the book - now any cheeky readers out there will just have to read it to find out the other 1% :)
- Have been racing around to what feels like kazillion (errhhh... ummm... perhaps that is exaggeration??) appointments. Fact is, I am expecting! Did you catch that? My faithful blog readers - yes my tummy is growing to the state that it will no longer be secret though I have kept it so for as long as I thought I could. I am joyful at the life inside but feeling completely overwhelmed at the same time:) Another reason why the above book has helped me immensly... reminding me that His Grace is sufficient!
For all those wondering what is happening in the lives of those we affectionately call family!
with my beloved
Search This Blog
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Rundown
Here's an overview of recent life under our loud, wild, chaotic roof we call home,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations Sharon to you and David :) Lovely news...no wonder you are 'Rundown' :) :) Busy times! Anna
Yes I did catch it. Congratulations Sharon - hope that having four children around hasn't made it too tiring for you.
Katherine
Lovely, lovely news,Sharon! You do the mother-thing so well!
I read that Lies book in Canberra - actually, I got a whole group of women who came over once a week and we discussed a chapter each time, like a book club. We even had some non-Christian women who added their perspectives. You did well to agree with 99% :) I think for me it was closer to ... hmmm... maybe 89%... but I thoroughly recommend the book to everyone, and I keep returning to the timeless principles.
BTW, when are you due?? congrats again xo
Wow Sharon, what a busy time you have been having! And congratulations on your wonderful news - I pray that you will get enough rest - and that your neck stays 'right'!
God bless,
Cath
Post a Comment