Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hubby's healthy salad recipe

We interrupt this programme for a recipe from Sharon's husband, Dave. I'm just sharing my favourite salad recipe. I've been eating a lot of this lately.

It isn't my wife's favourite salad at the moment, especially because she's pregnant and reacts to the aroma of some of the ingredients.

Anyway, here goes...maybe someone is brave enough to give this a try :)

1. Put some lettuce leaves or mesculun salad leaf mix and/or young spinach leaves in a largish dessert bowl, rinse and drain.

2. Add generous amounts of sliced capsicum, tomato, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, or even a small amount of blue cheese.

3. Add salmon/tuna/chicken pieces, or ham sliced into strips on top.

3. Garnish with chopped fresh hot chilli (I keep this in the freezer, having chopped it up).

4. Pour on olive oil and some balsamic vinegar to taste.

5. Indulge & enjoy.

No comments: