Ah it has been a very busy and international day here in our home! I really do enjoy having neighbours 'pop in' ... not something that is so typical amongst us Aussies (at least in my experience) I just like it because there's no preparation but usually theres something in the fridge to offer and the rest of the time you can catch up with their lives... No preparation means that things are likely to be a bit messy (at least in my kitchen) but opportunities can be great!
After church this morning we came home and had a quiet lunch together (nice easy yoghurt). This afternoon we had a neighbour and his two sons come to chat and have David help him write a letter (his written English is in progress since coming from Sudan). Next we had our new friend from India drop by with a question about some paperwork for her studies. She is wonderful with the children and kept them happy while I prepared dinner.
I feel wonderfully blessed as I sit here - having come to know these neighbours... Do you know, I think it was Joshua (our extremely outgoing one) who introduced himself to both neighbours... I am reminded how the Lord can use children... And me, I have to ask myself, if it were just me would I have been bold enough to call out the window and say hello to passers by or neighbours?? No, I think not. I've always been a bit shy about meeting new people (let alone calling out to them from the window... hee hee). I guess it took the males in my life to help me with that one. And today I am thanking the Lord for wonderful neighbours who we have come to know.
1 comment:
So wonderful to see that God is using your family as a witness to Him in the area where he has put you!
Post a Comment