Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

This little piggy went to school, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy had...

Our Owen faced the big world of school this year. Grade 1, would you believe it? And well, he was one of those "ok, Mum, you can go now" type. Definitely no tears. In fact he spotted his desk almost straight away.... and then he spotted a box of duplo.... ah it was all going to be hunky-dory!

We are praying that this year would be a great one for Owen. His teacher tends to do things a little more traditionally (exactly what I like) and seems firm and yet friendly... and is a speech therapist - triple yay! We are hoping to work with her in encouraging Owen with speech development. She seems open to him spending a little of his week at home and is willing to talk over what he is doing at school so we can work together.

I am, however, not used to the traffic. I have had it easy with homeschooling for quite some time. We basically don't face peak hour traffic at all. Well this year is a little different. Here I was thinking that my timed trips to the school would mean a 15 min. trip in the car each way.... hah!! try 45min on a rainy day! Ugghhhh!! No idea how many cars would be lined up in the driveway... and ever so glad I bought the uniforms early. A couple of times I thought I might just slip into the uniform shop.... hah! Not a chance. Another shock to the system - queues! Ahh, that's school for ya!

Well it has been race home and get right into lessons with Josh! Must say it adds a new dimension to our day having these distinct borders of time... well it has been straight back to the books and lots of fun exploring our new topic - how the body works (first taking a look at the brain)... keep posted for our first little project...

and Owen? When I went to collect Owen from school I was told he had fallen asleep in the afternoon session. Totally exhausted - just fell asleep right on the floor! Ah, but what a welcome I got when I came to collect him!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Hooray for Owen! What a big boy. We will be praying for you Sharon, and for Owen, and look forward to hearing how he goes...

evonne said...

Oh little O-ee is off to school. He looks so cute in his uniform-I'll bet he feels chuffed gearing up for school every morning (so far anyway)

Ang Pang said...

Thanks for adding the photo- I kept checking your blog once school went back to see little Owy in uniform :) !!