Search This Blog

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cucumber Raita

...finally the Cucumber Raita recipe I promised Cath a while back..

Cucumber Raita
6 Cucumbers (for a family meal)
1/2 cup yoghurt ( am guessing at the amounts here - tend to go by looks...so add if necessary)
1/2 cup of Paul Newmans dressing (this time I tried the Spring onion one and it worked well)
Seasoned salt
pepper
normal salt
fresh mint
1/2 onion, very finely chopped

Peel and finely chop cucumbers. Place into a bowl and add salt, pepper and seasoned salt ( I have even used a stock cube mixed with hot water to add flavour sometimes in place of seasoned salt..).

Add finely chopped mint, and onion. Mix well. Add yoghurt and dressing. Chill. Serve. Especially nice with curries and hot food to cool down de' tastebuds!

..oops - photo looks like it needs a lot more mint...



Healthy, quick and seems to go down well with the young uns'.

Let me know if you try it

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Thanks Sharon! I will try it out on the kidlets this week!