Search This Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jazzed up Jaffas

Here are some little jars I jazzed up recently for gifts. Simple, inexpensive jars (I happened to pick mine up from Ikea) but have seen them various other places since (dollar shops, kmart perhaps..) I just filled with sweets (in this case Jaffas) and decorated the top using a stamp of a little girl & other of a flower... using double sided tape onto a large scallop punched out shape...
Then I tied some coordinated ribbon around neck of jar.


Helps to get together sometimes and share around stamps or punch out shapes (like I did) so you don't feel you need the whole collection of stamps or punches to do a craft like this (and saves $$)

Sorry - my camera doesn't do the close up shots well...



PS - sorry re. empty post on my blog for any who dropped by yesterday. I had something there before but decided I need to think through it a bit more and ended up deleting it... was some reflections on study of Romans... not sure I understood things well enough when commenting... maybe will post about it after I have studied more! ;)

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I couldn't agree more!

Catherine said...

That last comment of mine was in reference to your last silent post of course... as for this one, what a simply lovely idea! I like the way you used the stampin' up punches for these. A lovely gift idea, too!