Bombard. I have been thinking over that word the whole way home from my Bible study tonight. Why? I don't know ... guess I sometimes feel bombarded... Bombarded by the world.
bombard: address with continuously or persistently, as if with a barrage
What do you think of when you think of the word bombard? I think of billboards - the ones that put rubbish right at your face/right into your mind that I wish would just stay out... that I pray would not occupy any room in my thoughts. I think of stuff - worldly stuff hurling at me. I think of thoughts that fill my mind that just shouldn't .... everyday yicky, guey, muddy stuff, thoughts about self, anxious thoughts, wishes for earthly stuff, plans, more plans, goals more goals/desires, etc. etc.... just a continuous, persistent bombardment of ... well stuff.
In a fleshly body there are always earthly thoughts. How nice it is when rather than standing as a target for bombardment I willingly turn aside and saturate myself with Christ - to soak in His goodness, to be at peace. To be in Him.
I really prefer the word saturate (a willing soaking in the stuff of Christ!) to bombardment (unfortunate/unapreciative target of yucky stuff)
Just some thoughts..
Thanks,...got me thinking Jacki
No comments:
Post a Comment