Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2008

The glue pot

I have had a crazy day (most are)! It seemed that everyone needed me at once - one needing the potty, one asking questions about school work and groaning about the amount I set... and one following me around and whining...

...then there was the glue pot! Somehow Joshua managed to spill (and just stood there calling for help - while it kept on spilling) a rather large amount of glue on his desk and down onto the floor...

I just about lost it - but instead I wrote this rather wacky poem... please excuse the fact that it was put together in a short space of time and lacks some of the qualities of real poetry...

Glue Pot

The glue from that pot
Made a very large spot
And the spot from that pot
On the floor it got

And the very cranky Mum
saw the glue from that pot
On the floor - a large spot
and lost it!

The boy with the glue
Used his hands, it is true,
Yelled aloud with that pot
Still on the floor it got

Then wondering what to do
Stood and watched the sticky glue
While mother fussed around
with a frown

On a folder it got,
The glue from that pot
In the carpet it sank
My son looked so blank

Cleaning up was not fun
For the glue had just run
And now it spread wide
While the cloth he applied

I must be mature
And for glue spills - a cure?
The glue from that pot
Made me bald on the top

The boy with that glue
Is mine, oh it's true
But the boy with the bottle
His neck I could throttle!

After much wiping round
It begins to look sound
And now that it is clean
I realise I've been mean

So this one cranky Mum
Must speak sweetly to her son
While the glue that is set
Will need more cleaning yet

And this Mum, as she calms
With her boy in her arms
Hears a voice from the hall
And a younger boy's call

She waddles to his mess
Could this be a test?
For this boy holds that pot
Which is dripping a great lot!

No comments: