Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2008

We love you O

It was off to the hospital early this morning with Owen. Owen had a little operation to put grommets into his ears and to clean his ears out again. Owen was singing all the way to the hospital!
He really enjoyed the play area - in fact he had so much fun with this little black ute that it was very hard to pry him away when the anesthetist came for a chat.

I always like to be with Owen right up until he is going to sleep so I had to dress in the funny clown garb.


I wonder sometimes what goes through his mind as he is going under anesthetic - he must just wonder why these adults seem to continually want to make him feel funny, put painful things in his in his arm, a mask over his face, etc.... Despite his occasional fears, he really shows a great deal of trust and I guess he just knows that he is loved and that it is all for his good. If only I could sometimes see the lessons God takes me through with such trust and confidence.
Poor Owen was so upset and distressed afterwards it really broke my heart. I must admit I had to keep back the tears to hear him in pain. It didn't last too long. He managed to gulp down some lemonade they brought him and a cookie from Mum... I know it is a bit hard to eat a cookie when you are still sleepy...
On the way home I stopped to pick up some medicine for Owen at the Chemist. Owen was so sleepy that he lay on the floor at the Chemist while I quickly made the purchase! He seemed a bit more awake later on, however and was once again singing his heart out in the car!
Grandma Campbell and Daddy helped out at home looking after Rosa and Josh. When we arrived home we found that Grandma had made a lovely salad (not to mention brought in my washing!) for each of us and Joshua had made this beautiful sign which he stuck up on the wall inside the front door. I don't think you could really ask for a more beautiful welcome home. Thanks Grandma, David and Joshua!!! And now one very exhausted Mum is going to enjoy some quiet moments while the younger two sleep!

No comments: